Your privacy is crucial to us, so it goes without saying that we operate in accordance to the privacy law. That means that your personal data is securely stored with us and that it is treated with all possible diligence.
What personal data do we collect?
The term personal data is defined as any type of information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. By means of this data, ‘De Werkplaats’ can either directly or indirectly identify you. The personal data we collect from you as a part of your use of the Services, are:
General personal data:
- Your contact and identification information, such as your name, address, residence, e-mail address, (mobile) telephone number, date of birth and gender;
- Financial information, such as bank account, invoicing information, data regarding your financial situation or in some cases data regarding debt settlement proceedings or administration orders;
- Information regarding your sport goal(s), such as the start date and the duration of your use of the services and when applicable the reason of your cancellation;
- Information regarding the administration of your changes, cancellations and credit management;
- The content of your communication with us, for example when you contact us via e-mail, telephone or in any other way, for example containing questions, complaints or any other kind of information;
- All other personal data you provide to us, voluntarily or upon request.
Special categories of personal data:
- Health information, as provided by you, for example information about your training goals and training frequency, your height and weight, potential pregnancy, illness, use of medication or complaints about your health;
- Information of criminal nature, as provided by you, for example a declaration of arrest.
Why do we collect, store and process your data?
De Werkplaats collects and uses your personal data for the purposes as described below, each based upon a legal basis. In case De Werkplaats already collected personal data from you in the past, these personal data will be used for the same purposes and based upon the same legal basis.
In many cases you are free to provide us with your personal data. However, when you do not provide us with all necessary information, it is possible that you cannot (or cannot completely) use our Services. Below we specify the purposes of each data collection and the legal bases on which these are based.
For the implementation of our agreements: De Werkplaats collects and processes your personal data to provide its Services, such as for example the services that are provided to you. The personal data that you provide in that respect are collected to provide you with the services that you expect from us and to maintain the (financial) administration of these services. In addition we process your personal data to deal with any possible requests, complaints or questions you may have.
Finally De Werkplaats uses your personal data to facilitate business operations, to execute policy and procedures, to enable the execution of business transactions, such as a merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of the assets or business activities of De Werkplaats or an acquisition, bankruptcy or similar occurrence.
Based on your explicit consent: With your consent De Werkplaats can process your personal data for marketing purposes, for example in case you no longer make use of the Services. This includes marketing via e-mail, regular mail or otherwise in order to inform you about products, services or special promotions of De Werkplaats that may be of any interest to you.
Upon your request, De Werkplaats can process personal data as specified in “special categories of personal data” (such as data concerning your health or information of criminal nature). For example when you believe it is important that we are aware of your medical condition, in case you want to pauze the services due to medical reasons or criminal offences or in case you are looking for a personal training schedule or personal nutritional advice. At that stage we will also inform you about the fact that the consent you granted at that time can be withdrawn at any time and we will inform you about the way in which you can do so.
Sharing your personal data
De Werkplaats can also share your personal data with third parties in order to do a credit risk check. In case you do not pay after receiving the invoice, your personal data will be recorded in the debt database of this third party. In case the debt collection process is outsourced to a debt collection agency, De Werkplaats can share your personal data with this third party.
In case De Werkplaats is bought by or merging with another company, the personal data that relates to you can be a part of such transaction and can as a consequence be one of the acquired assets.
Finally, De Werkplaats can make your personal data publicly available to the authorities in case necessary with respect to applicable legal obligations.
Transmission of personal data
Unless otherwise specified, we process and collect your personal data in the European Union. It may occur that our service providers transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to a country that does not offer the same level of protection as under the European law. In that case, we will take the required measures to guarantee that your personal data is sufficiently protected, such as drafting an EU standard contract with parties outside of the EEA.
You have the right to receive a copy of all documentation showing that the right precautions have been taken by submitting a request via email@example.com.
In case you are younger than 16 years old and to the extent that we rely upon consent as legal basis to process your personal data, we will only collect your personal data in case your parent or legal guardian has granted prior consent.
Protection of your data
De Werkplaats will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is secured by appropriate technical, physical and organizational means to ensure that it is protected from unauthorized or illegal use, amendments, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or unlawful destruction and loss.
How long are your data kept?
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation you have various rights with respect to your personal data among which:
- Right of access, rectification and deletion of personal data: De Werkplaats will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is correct. Therefore we also ask you to ensure that modifications in your personal situation (for example change of address or bank account) are correctly notified to De Werkplaats so we can make sure your personal data are up to date. You have the right to obtain access to the personal data that we collect from you and to request us to rectify, complete or delete your personal data in case these are factually wrong, incomplete or irrelevant to the purpose for which they are processed or when these are processed in any other way that infringes on any legal regulations. If the applicable legal requirements are fulfilled, for example when your personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected, we will erase your personal data without unreasonable delay (right to forget).
- Right to data portability: as far as we process your personal data upon your consent or for the execution of an agreement with you, for example your usage of the services, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and in exercising your right to data portability pursuant to the above mentioned, you will have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw your consent: You can withdraw your consent for future processing of your personal data by us at any time.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Right to restriction of processing: in case you have obtained restriction of processing pursuant to the applicable legal requirements you have the right to obtain the restriction of processing your personal data by De Werkplaats. That implies that your personal data will (temporarily) not be processed not amended.
- Right to object: to the best of our trust in our legitimate interest to process your personal data as legal basis, you have the right to object such usage. We shall no longer process your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
In case you want to exercise one of the above mentioned rights, you can do so by contacting us by means of the contact details specified below.
Questions or contact information